"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel." The late Maya Angelou
Freedom! Freedom comes from knowing your craft. Being able to react to any situation, or being able to spontaneously interact or react to the audience. Take a moment to imagine what improving your stage presence could do for you.
If you think that having a great voice will bring an audience to their feet and clients to your door YOU ARE WAISTING YOUR TIME! The truth is having a great voice without showmanship is about as useful as a phone without a keypad, or a computer without internet access. Plan for success on stage.
The audience doesn't care about your skills or if you can hit a high "C". The audience care about being entertained. It does not mean your talent and skills are not important. It means that you need to frame and present your talent to create an experience for the people watching you.
1. Review who is attending this class
2. Find out what he or she want to accomplish
3. Organize information and exercises which will be given for your needs
1. Purpose: to reach your audience
2. Participant: to accomplish the purpose
3. Structure: to find the best way to accomplish the purpose for the participant
4. Location and Time: meeting place to best match the structure for the participants purpose to be accomplished
5. The Master Class is a full 8 hour day program which includes lectures, as well as 1 on 1 personal attention, lunch, and two 15 minute breaks.
1. Begin on time and end on time
2. Establish ground rules which will allow all participants to feel comfortable for development
3. Conclude Master Class Stage Presence by discussing the art of stage presence
*TEA AND COFFEE ARE COMPLEMENTARY*
Can you walk on stage and within 10 to 15 seconds capture the audience without having sang or played a note? Good stage presence is about getting the audience to like you.
Passion for what you are doing comes across to an audience. Is it the music, the energy from the band, or the audience?
Bigger Paychecks: your ability to control every aspect of the audience's experience will put you on the radar for better clients, and bigger paychecks.
Know what you are doing so you can enjoy doing it. Freedom connects you to an audience.
Are you "covering" or "copying" Beyoncé, Rihannna, Katy Perry, or Pharrell? It is OK to cover any artist but why copy? To be natural and authentic you must know who you are. This takes time.